Thank you to our friends at Rainbow Grocery in San Francisco, California for this amazing recipe!
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Co-op Recipe Guide.
- Udon noodles
- Vegetables (As many as you like!)
- Mushrooms (Whichever ones you want!)
- Green Onion
- Bachan’s barbeque sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- We used @jbasketusa udon noodles (follow package instructions). Set aside.
- Chop veggies. This really depends on how much you want, you can do more or less of each based on your liking. Mushrooms — we used cremini, hon shimeji, maitake, and king trumpet. Cut the trumpets in long pieces and set aside. Grate carrots. Chop green onion.
- Marinate slices of extra firm tofu and the trumpet mushrooms in a bowl of Bachan’s. This took about half of the bottle. We used the yuzu, but this dish would be delish with any flavor. (OG, spicy, or gluten free).
- Pan fry mushrooms til golden brown, add carrots at the last minute and set aside.
- In the pot you cooked the udon in — combine the noodles, 1/4 cup of soy sauce and the leftover marinade from the tofu bowl. Throw in sesame seeds and some seaweed. Stir to combine.
- Pan fry the trumpets and tofu on high heat until they are golden brown, but going for longer is great too, if you like that charred taste.
- After setting the tofu and trumpets on top of the noodle mixture, sprinkle the green onions on top.