Make a difference in your community. Be a PatchWorks Volunteer.
What is PatchWorks?
Make a difference by volunteering – it will give you all the feels, plus there is an awesome shopping discount as a bonus.
- BriarPatch Food Co-op launched PatchWorks volunteer program in January 2020. In 2021, we won national recognition from Progressive Grocer for the program.
- PatchWorks serves to create a positive, meaningful and lasting impact in our community through participation and cooperation between BriarPatch Food Co-op, its owners and select nonprofit organizations.
- To sign up, download and fill out the PatchWorks Volunteer Packet and submit the completed application to email@example.com
How it works
- Households, regardless of number of members or age, who volunteer for six (6) or more hours per month at an approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization will receive a coupon for 15% off one shopping trip the following month
- Households who volunteer for twelve (12) or more hours per month at an approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization will receive one additional coupon, for a maximum of two discounted shopping trips per month
- Households must maintain active and up-to-date ownership with BriarPatch Food Co-op to be eligible
- Volunteer hours must be performed at an approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization (full list below)
- Visit each partner’s website to find out what volunteer opportunities are available.
Call (530) 272-CO-OP (2667) ext 145.
Choose a PatchWorks Partner:
(530) 477-3333 x225
Marketing and Content Coordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DOES THE DISCOUNT WORK?
The 15% discount on a one-time shopping trip on par with what the Co-op’s Board of Directors.
CAN WE BANK HOURS TO USE FOR FUTURE DISCOUNTS?
No. PatchWorks exists to create active, sustained volunteerism for our Nonprofit Neighbors. Volunteers are not required to work the six hours a month, but they do need to remain active consistently throughout the year.
HOW WILL I KNOW YOU RECEIVED MY HOURS FOR THE MONTH? WHEN DO I GET THE DISCOUNT?
Our PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbors are trained on a professional volunteer management software and will log your hours each time you work a volunteer shift. BriarPatch staff will process hours and issue the discount coupons on the 1st of the following month.
I ALREADY VOLUNTEER AT MY FAVORITE NONPROFIT. CAN THE TIME I SPEND THERE COUNT?
To earn the one-time discounted shopping trip, PatchWorks Volunteers must volunteer at a qualified PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization. PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbors are selected because they closely align with BriarPatch’s Ends Policies and the 7th Cooperative Principle, Concern for Community.
I VOLUNTEER FOR MULTIPLE ORGANIZATIONS. CAN I COMBINE HOURS ACROSS ORGANIZATIONS TO REACH MY MINIMUM MONTHLY REQUIREMENT FOR THE DISCOUNT?
Yes! As long as the nonprofits you volunteer for are approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbors, you can spread your hours out across multiple organizations.
HOW DOES A NONPROFIT BECOME A PATCHWORKS NONPROFIT NEIGHBOR?
BriarPatch Food Co-op invites a small number of nonprofit organizations to participate in the PatchWorks volunteer program as a qualified Nonprofit Neighbor. If you are interested in receiving an application for consideration of future participation, please contact Courtney Tarrant at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’M INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF THE PATCHWORKS VOLUNTEER TEAM, BUT I DON’T HAVE A COMPUTER. WHAT DO I DO?
Please call the registration line at (530) 272-CO-OP (2667) x145 to request a physical application.
CAN I PICK UP VOLUNTEER AND NONPROFIT NEIGHBOR APPLICATIONS AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK?
For the Customer Service Desk to concentrate on the many needs of Co-op shoppers, we respectfully request you call Courtney Tarrant at (530) 272-CO-OP (2667) x145 or find a PDF version of the Volunteer application on our website. Interested Nonprofit Neighbors may contact Courtney directly.