The BriarPatch Difference
Press Kit & Media Library
Please direct questions and requests for additional resources to:
Bouchard Communications Group
(916) 783 – 6161 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are in a nutshell…
- We are a community-owned natural foods grocery store with over 10,000 owners and counting.
- We have been in business since 1976. Starting out as a hippie buying club in the Sierra Foothills, we’ve now grown to annual sales of $40M (while retaining our hippie heart!).
- We plan crop production with local farmers twice yearly, giving our shoppers a great selection of the best produce, and getting farmers the best price for their yields (win-win!).
- We give back to the community, not only through cash and product donations, but through an award-winning volunteer program.
- We’re opening a second location in the former Kmart space in Auburn, California, slated to open this Winter!
Our definition of Local
Our watershed, the Sacramento River Watershed, is how we define what’s local. Formed by nature and interconnected, it supplies the air we breathe and our food sources. Purchasing food and products grown or made here supports a strong local economy and a resilient food system. What happens upstream, affects everything downstream; water conservation and consumer awareness are critical to sustainable living and fighting climate change too. Last year, we sold 1,026,058 local items from our store!
Briarpatch by the numbers
went to wildfire victims & fire departments
food diverted from landfills (that’s like 50 VW Bugs!)
single-use plastic gloves recycled
in PatchWorks volunteer hours
and more of store electricity powered by solar
given last year in sponsorships & donations
We’ve got big sustainability goals because, you know, we’re trying to help save the planet. See what we aim to do by 2025.
Growing to two locations! We’re located in Grass Valley, California and now growing to Auburn, California.
Want a deeper dive into who we are? Read The Vine. It’s quarterly BriarPatch news, delightful stories and delicious recipes.
In The Press
Here is some recent news about our new store opening in Auburn.