These tasty treats come to us from Greentree Co-op Market in Mount Pleasant, Michigan!
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Recipe Guide. Coming soon!
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup softened butter*
- ½ cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp water
- ½ Tbsp tarragon
*If unsalted add two pinches of salt.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients except flour in food processor and process until pumpkin seeds are well chopped, stopping to stir as needed.
- Once the mix is ready, place in a large mixing bowl and fold in flour with a spatula. It should come together fairly quickly.
- Cover two cookie sheets in parchment paper and shape the dough into generous 1-inch balls. (Batch yields 36-40 cookies.)
- Press one pumpkin seed into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bottom begins to brown and surface of the cookie looks dry.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.