Thanks to our friends from First Alternative Natural Foods Co-op in Corvallis, Oregon for this tasty recipe!
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Recipe Guide. Coming soon!
- 12 oz salmon filet
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Pinch sea salt to taste
- Place salmon, skin side up, in a baking dish.
- Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour marinade over salmon, making sure fish is evenly coated, cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Turn fish over so skin side is down. Bake salmon in marinade for 10 minutes or until cooked to your desired finish.
- While salmon is baking, prepare the topping by placing all ingredients in a bowl and stirring gently to combine.
- Serve salmon with topping spooned over the fish.