This tasty recipe comes from our friends at the Co-op Market Grocery and Deli in Fairbanks, Alaska!
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Recipe Guide. Coming soon!
- 2 6oz salmon fillets, 1-1/4-inch thick each.
- Saltwater solution (1 Tbsp salt and 1 tsp sugar per cup of water – enough to cover salmon)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place salmon in a dish with saltwater solution. Cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat add half of the blueberries, lemon juice and wine, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Mash blueberry mixture to release juices. Add lemon zest and ⅛ tsp salt. Cook until sauce reduces to a thickened consistency.
- Add remaining blueberries. Stir in butter and thyme leaves. Remove from heat and cover.
- Remove salmon from brine, rinse and pat dry. Place on a baking sheet prepared with non-stick spray, brush with oil and transfer to oven 4-5 inches from the broiling element.
- Broil 6 minutes for medium doneness, or up to 8 minutes for well-done fish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon the warm blueberry sauce on each serving of salmon. Garnish with thyme sprigs and lemon wedges.