A delicious salad chock full of ingredients containing prebiotics that help your “friendly” gut bacteria flourish.
- 1 – 1 1/3 cup millet
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- One bunch parsley, finely chopped
- One bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 14 red radishes, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely-chopped green olives (frescatrano are great!)
- ¼ – ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Zest from one large lemon
- Juice from one large lemon
- ½ – 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. You can store sauce in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Cook millet in a medium saucepan. Dry-toast it first until it becomes fragrant (careful not to burn), adding twice the amount of water (2 – 2 2/3 cup), being careful water doesn’t splatter when you pour it into the pan. Stir, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil on high heat; turn to lower heat and simmer until water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and let cool for 10 minutes.
Mix all the finely chopped vegetables and herbs together. Add in the cooled millet, hemp hearts, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil. Top with pomegranate arils and serve immediately or let cool in the fridge for ½ hour before serving.