There’s nothing quite like corn on the cob that’s slathered with spicy, cheesy, buttery goodness… then topped with fresh herbs and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. You’ll love this recipe for Smoky Spiced Corn on the Cob. Cook the ears on the grill or roast in your oven.
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- Optional: Cotija cheese, chopped green onions, fresh herbs (parsley/cilantro/chives) and lime wedges (to squeeze on fresh juice) for garnish
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Add salt, cumin powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and parmesan to a medium-size bowl, stirring to combine. Add butter and mix together.
- Spread spiced butter evenly over corn, pressing mixture on firmly with your hands. Then choose your cooking method.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 420°. Put corn on parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake 20 minutes without turning corn. For char/color, broil during last five minutes of cooking time.
- Grill: Preheat grill on high heat. Wrap corn in foil (recommended) or use a grill mat. Cook 10-12 minutes until cooked through, turning a few times.
- Top with optional garnishes and serve.
- Note: Can be prepped up to two days ahead of time; store in the fridge, covered on a baking sheet and then cooked when you’re ready!