Thank you to our friends at Davis Co-op for this amazing recipe!
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Co-op Recipe Guide.
- ½ cup tri-color quinoa
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups chopped broccoli crowns and stems
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: big pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread out almonds in an even layer. Bake for 5-7 minutes, possibly less if you have a hot oven, until nutty smelling and a few shades darker. Remove from oven and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse quinoa under running water. Add to a small pot with a well-fitting lid. Add water and a big pinch of salt. Heat over high until it begins to simmer, then turn the heat down to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat, but do not disturb the quinoa! Allow to steam an additional 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl or baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli and grapes to prepared baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and big pinches of salt and pepper until everything is evenly coated. Spread onto baking sheet. Place on bottom oven rack and roast 15-20 minutes, rotating halfway through. Remove from oven to cool.
- Combine roasted things, quinoa, toasted almonds, feta cheese (feel free to add more than is written here) and red pepper flakes if you like it hot.Serve at room temperature as the flavors peak after a 20-minute rest on the counter.