Thanks to our friends from The Merc Co-op in Lawrence, Kansas for this tasty recipe!
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Recipe Guide. Coming soon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °.
- Oil one standard sized loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy (about 8 minutes).
- Add the oil gradually and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the water slowly and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the pan, and sprinkle with raw sugar (optional). Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.