Thank you to our friends at Organic Valley for this amazing recipe!
What’s the big game without a beautiful plate of nachos? Pile organic green onions, black beans and fresh avocados on a big handful of organic tortilla chips and top with Organic Valley Mexican Blend Cheese. Add some heat and jalapeños and you have a spicy, cheesy organic snack.
In the month of October, we celebrate co-ops. Why? Because they are awesome! We feature recipes from co-ops around the country in our special Co-op Recipe Guide.
- ½ of a 14 oz package organic tortilla chips
- 1 16 oz can black beans
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ cups Organic Valley Thick Cut Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sliced jalapeño peppers (optional)
- Diced avocado (optional)
- Organic Valley Sour Cream (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a large (15” x 10”) rimmed sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil/parchment. Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer in pan.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Combine beans, green onions and cumin in a medium bowl; spoon over chips. Sprinkle cheese evenly over all. Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted. Serve immediately with desired toppings.