- 2 6-oz. cans tuna packed in oil
- 3 cups drained and rinsed canned white beans, preferably cannellini (from 2 15-oz. cans)
- 1 small-medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp drained capers
- 2 bunches watercress (about ¾ pound), tough stems removed and leaves chopped (about 2 cups) or a mix of greens and fresh herbs, such as arugula, basil, chives, mint, parsley, cilantro, dill, stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Put tuna with its oil, beans, onion, capers, watercress/ greens, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Note: You can also substitute sardines for the tuna.