This delightful, visually-stunning platter of fresh herbs, cheese, nuts and veggies is a great way to start a Nowruz (Persian New Year) celebration. Let the list of ingredients be a starting point for whatever is fresh in the market, and follow your own taste. Use pita or flatbread to assemble your favorite flavors into delicious handheld morsels!
- 8 oz feta
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 bunch cilantro, ends trimmed/stems left on
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, ends trimmed/stems left on
- 1 bunch mint, ends trimmed/stems left on
- 1 bunch basil, ends trimmed/stems left on
- ½ bunch tarragon, ends trimmed/stems left on
- 8 green onions, roots trimmed, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 8 radishes, halved or quartered
- Bread – lavash or pita for serving
- Place the feta in the center of a platter and top with caraway seeds. Arrange walnuts, arugula, herbs, onions and radishes so each is distributed for easy access for everyone around the table.
- To enjoy, cut or tear bread into shapes/sizes that you can spread feta on, and then top with walnuts and whatever combo of the other ingredients you’d like.