Fall is in the air, and we’ve got a treat that’s perfect for the season – Dairy-Free Caramel Apples. Our recipe features a rich, dairy-free caramel sauce that’s perfect for coating crisp apples. Whether you’re enjoying a cozy evening by the fire or hosting a fall gathering, these caramel apples are the ultimate indulgence without dairy. So, grab your apples, roll up your sleeves, and let’s get cooking – it’s time to celebrate the flavors of fall like never before!
- 1 1/4 lbs Cocomels, unwrapped (around 6 pouches)
- 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk (not lite)
- 4-6 apples, depending on their size
- Parchment paper cut into squares about 10″, for every apple
- Apple sticks or forks
- Wash apples and chill.
- Add coconut milk to pot, heat to almost boiling on med-high heat.
- Slowly over about 5 minutes add Cocomels to coconut milk while stirring constantly.
- Once dissolved, boil sauce on medium heat until its temp reaches 230° F. If you don’t have a thermometer it is about 10 minutes-ish of boiling. Keep stirring!
- When sauce reaches 240 ° F (or your best guess), remove from heat.
CAUTION: THIS IS HOT LAVA!
Insert sticks or forks into your apples and dip into sauce, covering apple up to the stick. Put on parchment square, fold up sides to keep as much hot sauce on apple as possible. Let cool fully – about 1 hour. Remove parchment slowly – if still sticky, let cool for longer