Chimichurri is a wonderful herb sauce that originated in Uruguay and Argentina. It’s traditionally used for marinating and accompanying meat, but it’s great as a sauce or dip with all kinds of savory dishes.
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, packed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, or 1-2 Tbsp. fresh, finely minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- Rinse the parsley and cilantro well and shake as much water off the leaves as possible. Chop finely.
- Mince the garlic and the shallot.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, shallot, oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt and chopped parsley and cilantro in a bowl. Stir to combine. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.