Easy to make and even easier to eat! Celery Soup is light, bright and cozy.
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups celery, sliced thinly (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 cups broth (veg or chicken)
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup raw baby spinach
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
Heat butter/oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and stir as it gets golden, about five minutes. Add garlic and stir 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
Add celery, potatoes, broth, water and bay leaf. Liquid should just cover everything; add a little more water if needed. Cover, bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer until potatoes are tender – about ten minutes.
Remove bay leaf and turn off heat. Stir in fresh herbs and spinach to wilt. Also stir in sour cream/yogurt. Blend with immersion blender right in the pot or let cool slightly and transfer to blender. Warm as needed for serving and serve with fresh herb garnish.