Try this dry take on a Negroni. Spices and cranberry juice satisfy for the Campari. Delightful anytime of year.
- 8 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 orange slices
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1/8 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 orange slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat the grapefruit juice, 2 orange slices, sugar, cardamom pods and coriander seeds until the sugar dissolves. Let cool. And strain out the fruit and spices.
- Add a couple of ice cubes to two old fashioned or rocks glasses. Add two ounces of the syrup, one ounce of cold water and one ounce of cranberry juice in each glass. Stir gently for a few seconds. Garnish each with an orange slice.