There’s nothing like fresh barbecue sauce. Give this Kansas City barbecue-inspired sauce a try!
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt Optional: Pinch of cayenne for extra heat
Whisk ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
Cook over medium-high heat until sauce simmers. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
Use sauce immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to one week.