This recipe is a great intro to Jazz apples, and perfect for topping burgers, mashed potatoes, pork chops and pancakes. Other firm-fleshed apples will also work well.
- 6 oz. bacon, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- 3 Jazz apples, peeled/cored and diced small
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup & 2 Tbsp maple sugar
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add bacon and render until golden brown.
- Add diced onion and sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced apples and sauté/stir 2 minutes more.
- Add vinegar and maple sugar and simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Eat immediately or spread evenly on a tray to cool. Can keep in the fridge for several days.