Just in time for the Easter holiday, we have Frenched Rack, Leg steaks, Loin chops and whole leg of lamb, along with pre-packaged stew meat and ground lamb.
Here’s a favorite recipe for boneless leg of lamb from Food Services Manager Sam KoneffKlatt.
For a delicious veggie side dish for Passover, try our recipe for Sweet Potato, Carrot & Apple Tsimmes.
- 1.5 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- half a bunch of fresh rosemary, picked and chopped
- half a bunch of fresh oregano, picked and chopped
- half of a bunch of fresh thyme, picked and chopped
- half a head of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, trussed (7-8 pounds)
- Pre heat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pat dry leg of lamb with clean paper towels. Rub with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Rub mustard mixture onto leg of lamb until all sides of the meat are fully covered.
- Place roast on a roasting rack and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 250 degrees and open oven door for one-minute, close door.
- Let roast cook in oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees for medium rare, approximately 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven and set on counter, allow to rest for 15 minutes.